Table of Contents
APRIL International Care France, an insurance intermediary, designs, distributes and manages insurance solutions and assistance services for individuals, travelers, expatriates and businesses. Thanks to strong partnerships with distributors and medical providers, April is able to provide services anywhere in the world. By combining proximity and expertise, the group aims, through its APRIL International brand, to make life easier for their internationally-mobile customers by insuring their health and travel wherever they are in the world and whatever the nature and duration of their trip.
2. Cover, Benefits and Details
- Five healthcare covers you can choose from
- The lowest cover (Emergency) is very limited.
- Each cover offers options to included / exclude outpatient and repatriation
- High deductibles on inpatient cover possible; up to 5.000 euro per year
- Co-payment possible on outpatient costs (10% / 20%)
- Easy online application
- Optional cover: "Assistance Package" incl. personal liability cover
- Optional cover: maternity incl. childbirth up to 6.000 euro in Comfort and Premium cover, waiting period of 10 months after enrollment applies.
- Optional cover: dental / optics. Reimbursement depend on cover for healthcare. See benefits overview below or the application module for details.
- Zone 0 + Mexico and Thailand: enrollment is up to 65 years of age (64 is possible, 65 is not)
- Zone 1 and 2: enrollment up to 71 years of age (70 is possible - 71 is not possible)
- Zone 3, 4 and 5: enrollment up to 75 years of age (74 is possible - 75 is not possible)
- Not possible in Ukraine, Syria, Cuba, Iran and North Korea
- Extension of coverage zone can be applied up to an age 60 years
- Once the insurance is effective, lifetime renewal is possible
- Payment of premium via either bank card / bank transfer / SEPA direct debit
- Currency in Dollar or Euro
- Optional covers for life / disability
- Cancellation possible per email each year per renewal date, however with a 60 days notice period.
- Certain professions are excluded: offshore / oil rigs, under water profs, handling explosives, corrosive, toxic or radioactive substances, maritime profs, surveillance / security, work on hights above 20 metres, pilots and aircrew, prof sports.
- Medical cover at sea up to 200 nautical miles (approx. 370 km) from shore however no cover for rescue / medical repatriation at sea.
- Exclusions; we recommend to read the General Conditions art. 8 (page 19-21)
Tip: To get a better understanding of this insurance we invite you to read the ‘benefits overview’ document as it presents a very clear and practical insight in how this insurance works.
3. Quote and application
- Click on the button below to enter the date of birth, nationality, country etc and search for the best combination of cover which suits your needs.
- Choose for a high deductible or co-pay on outpatient cover to lower your premium.
Tip 1: we know most of our clients are not interested in the "death and total irreversible loss of autonomy and income benefits insurances" which can be part of this insurance package, however the online application module will ask you if you want to issue those insurances . If you don’t want that you can just click the button ‘I am not interested’ on the right part of the page and you will apply for healthcare / dental (optional) only.
Tip 2: You can always calculate premiums in the module online (and you should as we cannot provide quotes on behalf of you), but if the online application module does not work to actually apply for the insurance you can also apply for an insurance using an applicationform and health questionnaire in pdf. You can fill out the forms online in your pdf program, so no need to print / scan. Fill out the forms completely and email them back to us (email@example.com) Important! Add a copy of your passport in the email!
Tip 3: If you are > 60 years of age the option 'extension of cover zone' does not work in the online application module.This is a 'bug' in the module. However if you want cover in a country (like your country of origin?) that is situated in a more expensive premium region (see here) the solution to have that country covered is to mention that country to be your 'country of stay' at the beginning of the online application.
4. Claim process
Characteristics of the April MyHealth International claim process:
- Online customer zone
- Easy Claim mobile app for paperless claims (available for plans with cover from the 1st euro/dollar)
- Multilingual advisors available 24/7 by telephone, email, chat, Messenger and WhatsApp
- Hospital charges covered directly 24/7
- Care network in the USA and Mexico and assistance in locating partner health professionals worldwide
- Claims processed within 48 hours, including for scheduled hospital admissions
- Paperless reimbursements up to €/$ 1,000 per bill
- A multilingual plan management team (17 languages)
- Three management platforms located in Mexico City, Paris and Bangkok
Claim Documents (pdf)
5. All documents (PDF)
- Applicationform and health questionnaire
- Benefits overview
- General conditions
- Explanation cover zones healthcare
- Membership guide
- Claim form
- Info doc IPID
- Info doc personal data (GDPR)
6. Do you have a question about this insurance?
JoHo Insurances Foundation
JoHo Insurances Foundation is an international insurance broker, helping people and companies worldwide.
We offer International Health, Income & Travel Insurances for expats, emigrants, companies and travellers worldwide.
We offer insurances from Cigna Global, Allianz Worldwide Care, Bupa Global, Henner, Gouda Expatriate, Globality Health and many other insurance companies.
Contact JoHo Insurances for advice.
2512 BP The Hague (Den Haag)
All insurances on this website can be applied for at JoHo Insurances, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the appropriate application form on this website.
For questions and additional information please contact us.