Insurance plan options
Worldwide Medical Insurance
Worldwide Medical Insurance is the essential core of this plan. It offers you the reassurance of coverage for any essential hospital treatments you may need in case of an emergency or for a planned visit. All surgery, cancer treatment and advanced imaging, regardless of whether this treatment is received whilst in hospital or visiting as a day-patient, are also covered.
Worldwide Medical Plus
Worldwide Medical Plus covers you for consultations with a doctor or specialist as well as medical treatments that do not require a hospital stay. Worldwide Medical Plus covers you for a maximum of £25,000 of treatment per year (excluding transplant services) and also includes cover for young-child care, maternity care, complementary therapies and speech therapy.
Worldwide Medicines and Equipment
Worldwide Medicines and Equipment covers you for prescription medication and the rental of medical appliances, such as oxygen supplies or wheelchairs. Our unique long-term prescription benefit will also pay for any medication required to manage chronic conditions, such as asthma.
Worldwide Wellbeing covers you for a range of health screenings, vaccinations, dental and optical treatment to help you stay healthy. These services can provide valuable early detection of a wide variety of conditions, and the sooner a condition is identified, the faster you can receive treatment and start feeling better.
The Worldwide Evacuation option is ideal if the treatment you need is not available locally. It covers you for reasonable transport costs to the nearest suitable medical centre, ensuring you get the treatment you need. Repatriation gives you the added option of returning to your home country or specified country of nationality, to be treated in more familiar surroundings.
If you spend most of your time in the USA, then you will be required to purchase USA coverage on an annual basis. However, if you spend most of your time outside the USA, you can choose to add USA cover to your plan when you join or renew, enabling you to access medical treatment in the USA. We cannot cover USA permanent residents as they are required to be covered by a local insurance company.
Deductibles are the contributions you make towards the cost of your treatment. You can choose from a range of different deductibles, allowing you to manage the cost of your plan. If you choose to have a deductible on your Worldwide Medical Insurance cover, additional deductibles will also apply if you opt for Worldwide Medical Plus or Worldwide Medicines and Equipment (deductibles do not apply to Worldwide Wellbeing or Worldwide Evacuation). To give you access to the benefits you have chosen sooner, these will be less than the deductible on your Worldwide Medical Insurance cover. Therefore, even though your main Worldwide Medical Insurance deductible may be as much as £5,000, you will only need to run-up costs of £100 for physiotherapy, for example, to start claiming on your Worldwide Medical Plus option
This travel insurance covers emergency medical assistance in connection with pregnancy. Special Conditions:
- Up to and incl. the 36th week of pregnancy
- Or up to and incl. the 18th week, if the pregnancy is a result of fertility treatment, or the client is expecting more than one child.
- Any expenses related to the child will not be covered by the insurance.
- Premature birth is covered within the periods of pregnancy mentioned, if it can be documented that you have not had any complications related to the pregnancy prior to your trip.
See the policy conditions for the exact cover and conditions.
Advice, quote and application
- If you wish to receive a quote for Bupa Worldwide Health Options or advice regarding insurance options, please fill in the advice form available on this website.
- Please make sure you complete the form fully and provide us with all the personal details of the individual who requires insurance.
- If you wish to apply for the insurance directly, please contact us for an application form.